What forms of payment does Charlton Lake Camp accept?
Cash, VISA and MasterCard are all accepted for deposits. Final balances must be paid with either cash, VISA or MasterCard. We do NOT accept checks.
What is the Cancellation Policy?
Deposits are non-refundable for any cancellation circumstance.
Delayed check-in or early check-out of cottage–Guest is responsible for payment of the full reservation
Delayed pick-up or early return of rental fleet— Guest is responsible for payment of the full reservation
“No Show”—–Guest is responsible for payment of the full reservation
Is Charlton Lake Camp a ||drive-in|| or ||boat-in|| resort?
We like to say… Both!! The camp is located just 300m across the Whitefish River from our parking lot giving the guests that “away-from-it-all” feeling while still having quick access to their vehicle. Many guests have said that on that short boat ride they felt as if they have left all their cares behind and have truly begun their holiday. Water taxi service is available at request 9am to 9pm daily. Other taxi arrangements (such as an earlier taxi in order to catch the first ferry to Tobermory ) made upon request.
Do U. S. citizens need a passport?
As of December 2009:
– U. S. citizens entering Canada are required to have a “valid travel document, such as a passport” for entry into Canada. For more information on eligibility or to get requirements for travel from other countries visit www.cic.gc.ca
– U. S. citizens returning to the United States from Canada are required to “present one of the following travel documents: U.S. Passport or Passport Card, Enhanced Driver’s License (EDL) or Trusted Traveler Card (NEXUS, SENTRI or FAST)”.
For more information visit www.cbp.gov or http://noto.ca/bordercrossing
What can I bring with me across the border to Canada?
What are the Check-in and Check-out times?
- CHECK-IN: Please plan to check-in between 3:00pm and 9:00 p.m. so other guests are not disturbed. Your balance of payment is due at check-in. If you would like an earlier check-in, please contact us 2 days prior to arrival to see if an earlier check-in time is available.CHECK-OUT: Please plan to check-out by 9:00am. If you need a later check-out time please check with the office at least 1 day prior to departure. There will be a late fee of $80.00 for all unapproved late check-outs.
What do I need to bring?
- We at CLC are happy to supply almost all of your needs while you are visiting us. All you need to bring is your clothes, personal items, food, bedding and towels. All cottages are equipped with toilet paper, paper towels, dish towels, dish detergent, bath mat, pots and pans, coffeemaker, toaster, cutlery, dishware, cooking utensils, fridge, stove, microwave, garbage bags, cleaning supplies and propane BBQ (propane supplied).
Can I drink the water?
Do you have a sandy beach?
Where do I get a fishing license?
Are there hiking trails?
What if I forget something? Is there a store on site?
Can I rent a boat or can I bring my own boat, kayak or canoe?
- We have a rental fleet consisting of fishing boats, canoes, kayaks, two sit-on kayaks, and a pontoon boat. A security deposit (credit card imprint) is required at time of rental. PFDs are provided with boat, kayak, sit-on kayak, and canoe rentals. Please let us know if you would like a boat reserved for you so it is ready upon your arrival.If you are bringing your own boat, please let us know in advance, so docking will be made available. There is a docking fee for personal motor boats. For more information see our Rates page.**For safety, we strongly suggest that children be properly fitted with their own PFD’s prior to arrival.
Do I need an Ontario Boat Operator's license?
As of September 1, 2009 anyone operating a motorized boat in Ontario waters must have a Boat Operator’s license or must complete a short boat safety checklist upon rental. Guests renting a boat from Charlton Lake Camp must show their boat operators license or complete the safety checklist at time of signing the rental agreement. Guests from the United States bringing their own boats are exempt if staying in Canada less than 45 days.
Is gas included with the boat rental?
We have friends/relatives in the area, may they visit?
Are campfires allowed?
Are there noise restrictions?
Out of respect to fellow campers, we respectfully request quiet time at 11:00pm.
Quiet time 11:PM and 8:00AM
Please be cognizant of your fellow campers, voices do carry across the water and through open windows.
Loud radios/boom boxes/speakers are not permitted on the porches or on our boats, beach area or fire pit. If used in the cottages we request the volume is kept to a minimum so as not to disturb others.